1. something that whizzes; an instrument or toy that makes a
whizzing noise when whirled round ...1881
2. a machine which rotates rapidly and drives out most of the
moisture from wet cloth, etc.; a 'hydro-extractor' ...1882
3. an excellent person or thing ...1888 sl.
4. anything large of its kind ...1892 Eng. dial.
5. a falsehood; a glaring untruth ...1892 Eng. dial.
6. a stinging blow ...1890 Eng. dial.
7. a pickpocket ...1925 sl., orig. US
CLICK HERE FOR KEY TO SOURCES
from whizz (vb.) + -er
From: The Secret Societies of All Ages and Countries
By Charles William Heckethorn, Vol. II, 1897
Book XIV. Miscellaneous Societies. P. 305