Words and Phrases from the Past!
Looking for a word?
Try the alphabetical WAPFTP Dictionary tab above, or the search box to the right.
The WAPFTP Reverse Dictionary
(Thesaurus with definitions!) is a great way to find words by their definition.
Complete definitions are given so you can find the right word you're looking for.
E.G. Looking for a word for a clumsy person?
Under WAPFTP Reverse Dictionary, click on "Reverse Dictionary C INDEX". From there click on the word grouping where you would find 'clumsy'.
You can also locate the word groupings in a pop-up when hovering over "Reverse Dictionary C INDEX".
Under 'clumsy person' you will find a listing like this:
• BOZO a clumsy, clownish, or foolish fellow; an oaf; a rude or annoying person ...1916 Amer. sl.
• BUMBLE-KITE one whose clumsiness is productive of mischief ...19C Eng. dial.
• CACK-HAND a clumsy, awkward person ...2000s sl.
• CLUSTERFIST a clumsy-fisted fellow; a clown, boor, lout ...1611 obs.
• DOPPER a clumsy person ...Bk1913-17 Amer. dial.
• RIDDLEMY RIDDLEMY
WOLLABLES is a word game where you connect syllables to make words and/or phrases.
See it here
The WAPFTP Dictionary and WAPFTP Reverse Dictionary are ongoing projects.
Words and phrases are constantly being added to both, as well as being edited (extra definitions, date changes, etc., including [muttered in a very quiet voice], correcting of errors!).
Any feedback is welcome - see the Contact Form below.
Thank you, and enjoy!