Words added to date for:
• MISBEHAVE a shave ...20C Aust. rhyming sl.
• OCEAN WAVE a shave ...1928 rhyming sl.
• RAZORRIDGE shaving ...E18 sl.
• MOW to shave; usually used in describing a woman shaving her legs or her pubic area
...1991 US sl.
• DIG IN THE GRAVE a shave ...1931 Aust. rhyming sl.
• MOW THE BRIGALO SUCKERS to shave one's beard ...1990s Aust. sl.
New words/phrases added: (or about to be!)
KEEP DEAD to remain silent ...1900 Amer. sl.
FOB a Pacific Islander who has newly arrived in New Zealand (Fresh Off the Boat) ...20C
VETERANIZE to get out of the Army; to enjoy veteran status outside the Army ...US Civil War usage
TINSEL TEETH a person wearing orthodontic braces ...1970s US students' sl.
RIP VAN WINKLE to urinate ...1992 UK rhyming sl. for tinkle
RICE-BAGS trousers ...Bk1903 sl.
DOOTEROOMUS money ... Bk1903 sl.
DEAD-TO-THE-NECK exceedingly stupid ...1952 Amer. sl.
CRACKED IN THE FILBERT crazy, slightly insane ...1886 sl.
BONE BOX the mouth ...1946 obs. Can. teen sl.
BELLY-BUMP to have sexual intercourse ...Bk1903 sl.
BAFFLEGAB confusing or unintelligible jargon ...1952 US political and journalistic usage
KING TUT'S REVENGE diarrhoea contracted in the Middle East ...1970s US sl.
MY RIGHT EYE ITCHES I shall cry ...1708-10 sl.
NOB-A-NOB intimate, close, friendly ...M19 sl.
PUT ON THE BAG to dine ...1924 Amer. sl.