• OOFUS a stupid oaf ...M20 US sl.
• PEG-HOUSE a brothel; also, a meeting-place for male homosexuals
...1931 US sl.
• POLBORON heroin ...1977 US sl.
• PUFF JOB a specimen of extravagant praise. esp. for commercial or
political purposes ...1732 Amer. sl.
• PULL ONE'S PETER of a male: to masturbate ...19C sl.
• PUSHERS slippers ...Irish sl.
• QUAIN to lament, to bewail, to bemoan ...a1300 obs. rare
• RACKABACK a man on horseback with a woman behind him riding side-
saddle ...L18 sl.
• RAGABASH a low rascal, an idle vagabond; a collection of such persons
...Bk1905 Eng. dial.
• RAISE SAND to celebrate wildly; to enjoy oneself in a wild, boisterous
manner, usually with much noise and whisky; to be drunk and boisterous
...20C Amer. colloq.
• RANIKABOO a caper; a prank; 'monkeyshine' ...Bk1913-17 Amer. dial.
• RIBBIN money ...Bk1903 sl.
• ROCK PILE prison ...1888 US sl.
• SCARPER to run away, to escape ...Brit. sl.
• SHEENEY (derogatory or offensive) a Jew ...1816 sl.
• SINGLE-O a crime committed without an accomplice; a criminal who
works alone ...M20 US sl.
• SNAPS handcuffs ...1895 sl.
• STORK-MAD eager to become pregnant; wanting to have a child; said of
women ...M20 US sl.
• STYX a urinal ...Bk1904 school sl.
• TAKE A BAG to experience an undesirable situation
...1960s US campus sl.
• TANKY a member of the former British Community Party who supported
hardline (esp. interventionist) Soviet politics ...1985 sl.
• TICKLE THE PISS OUT OF to please or amuse someone ...1950s US sl.
• TRACY BITS the breasts ...20C Aust. rhyming sl. for 'tits'
• UNDER BOARD not open, dishonest ...17C sl.
• VALLEY-LILY the lily of the valley ...1597