• FRUIT SALAD a (copious or ostentatious) display of medals, or other
decorations ...1943 sl.
• GANNET one who overeats ...1929 sl., orig. naval usage
• GET THE DIRTY WATER OFF YOUR CHEST of a male: to ejaculate,
either with a partner or as a sole practitioner ...1961 UK sl.
• GO OUT THE BACK DOOR to back down from a confrontation
...1981 US sl.
• GORGEOUS GUSSIE a glamorous and beautiful young woman ...1956 sl.
• GRUMPUS a grumpy or bad-tempered person ...1986 Amer. sl.
• GUPPY an individual who is socially categorized as a Gay Upwardly
Mobile Professional ...1984 UK sl.
• GUTTER-GRIPPER a motorist who drives with one hand stuck through the
open window, gripping the 'gutter' that runs around the car's roof
...1950s Aust. sl.
• GYPPO an impoverished, badly dressed schoolchild
...1990s UK juvenile sl.
• HAIR-PITCHED having rough, unbrushed hair or coat ...1865 Eng. dial.
• HALSE to embrace; to hug; to take in the arms ...1829 Scot. & Eng. dial.
• HARD LABOUR a neighbour ...1992 UK rhyming sl.
• HAVE KANGAROOS IN ONE'S TOP PADDOCK to be crazy or very silly
...E20 Aust. sl.
• HIGH-OCTANE of coffee: strong, highly caffeinated ...1990s sl.
• HOTTER THAN HELL'S BACK-KITCHEN extremely hot
...1949 Amer. dial.
• IDLE-HEADED off one's head; out of one's wits; distracted, delirious
• IN ONE'S AIRS drunk ...E18 US sl.
• JACK-SAUCE an impudent fellow; a little oaf ...1571 Brit. sl.
• JIG-A-JIG to copulate ...Bk1896 Amer. sl.
• JUMP IN WITH YOUR HAT IN YOUR HAND to enter a deal too quickly
...1960s Amer. sl.
• KING'S ELEVATOR an extreme put-down, disappointment, or affront
...M20 US sl.
• LACK-STOCK one who has no money in stocks ...1820
• LAIRY boggy, miry, swampy ...1700s
• LEATHER-BRAINED stupid ...20C US colloq.
• LURRIES money ... Bk1903 sl.