also VAEGE, VAIGE, VAYGE, VEYAGE, VIAGE
CLICK HERE FOR KEY TO SOURCES
fine, handsome ...1604 obs. rare
1. a journey by land or water; a voyage; an errand; a walk;
especially used of an expedition attended with toil
...1834 Scot. & Eng. dial.
2. the vagina ...1986 US sl.
1. to wander; to go on an expedition, especially for the purpose of fetching something ....1882 Scot.
2. to deceive; to cheat ...B1900 Eng. dial.
3. to push; to butt, as an animal; to sidle ...Bk1905 Eng. dial.
adjective: apparently from Italian vago.
Cf. vagisness (handsomeness, elegance)
verb: variant fage (vb).; obsolete from vague n. and v.;
obs. or dialect f. voyage; obs. Sc. from wage v., wedge n.
From: The English Dialect Dictionary, Joseph Wright, 1898-1905