• RAGG-ASSED of things: worthless ...1940s sl.
• RALPH LYNN gin ...1920s rhyming sl.
• RAN-DAN to upbraid severely ...1777 Eng. dial.
• RAP AT A VENTURE to speak without consideration ...Bk1905 Eng. dial.
• RETOUR to return to or to a place ...LME arch.
• ROARING GAME, THE curling ...Bk1903 Scot.
• SCAPA FLOW to go, to make a hasty exit ...1910s Brit. rhyming sl. for 'go'
• SHANK in golf: to strike the ball with the heel of the club ...E20
• SIDEBOARDS side-whiskers ...Bk1891 sl.
• SMOKY BEAR a state police officer; sometimes also applied collectively to
the state police ...1974 US sl.
• STEW-BUM a tramp who is habitually drunk ...1902 US sl.
• STUMP the penis ...Bk1904 sl.
• SWISHY homosexual; effeminate ...1941 US sl.
• TANG-RANG a noise; an uproar, esp. used of the noise formerly made
when bees were swarming ...1840 Eng. dial.
• TICKLE THE FANCY to excite amusement in ...a1774
• TOWNS AND CITIES breasts ...20C Brit. rhyming sl. for 'titties'
• UNCLEAR ON THE CONCEPT completely and dramatically ignorant
about a particular subject ...1988 US sl.
• VETERANIZE to get out of the Army; to enjoy veteran status outside the
Army ...US Civil War usage
• WOPSE to maul, to handle ...Bk1913-17 Amer. dial.
• ABOLETE obsolete, out of use ...c1515 obs. rare
• ACE OF TRUMPS a first-class person ...Brit. sl.
• ADAM-AND-EVE IT to copulate ...L19 Brit. sl.
• ALCOHOLIZED saturated with alcohol; drunk ...E20 US sl.
• ALTERATE to alter ...LME obs.
• ANDY CAPP defecation ...Brit. rhyming sl. for 'crap'
• ARMBREAKER energetic masturbation ...1990s sl.