• SWELLDIFFEROUS swell, elegant, fine ...Bk1913-17 Amer. dial.
• TANGLE-LEG(S) strong beer ...1880 Eng. dial.
• TICE to entice; to induce or attract by the offer of pleasure or advantage
...c1275 obs. exc. Eng. dial.
• TOTHERSIDER a person from the eastern states of Australia
...c1872 Aust. sl.
• UNCLE BERTIE angry, esp. if only temporarily; characteristically ill-
tempered ...1992 UK rhyming sl. for 'shirty'
• VALIANTISE a valiant act or deed ...1513 obs. rare
• WINDOW-GIRL an inmate of a 'window tappery' (brothel); a prostitute
...20C US criminals' sl.
• ABLE TO SET UP AN' EAT A FEW PORRIDGES convalescent, or in
good health ...Bk1913-17 Amer. dial.
• ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE a pimp working for high-class prostitutes
...1960s US sl.
• ACTION a revolver ...1960s US sl.
• AIRBRAINED stupid, stilly ...Amer. sl.
• ALL-PRO of first quality; the best ...Amer. sl.
• AMY-JOHN a lesbian, esp. one who plays the dominant role ...Amer. sl.
• ARBOR VITAE the penis ...L18 sl.
• ASS-BUSTER a dive in which the diver holds his nose, jumps, and hits the
water arse-first ...1954 Amer. dial.
• BABY BUTTON the navel ...1968 Amer. dial.
• BADGER a chamber pot ...1968 Amer. dial.
• BANANA PEDDLER (derogatory) an Italian ...1970 Amer. dial.
• BATTLE CRUISER a formidable older woman ...1984 UK sl.
• BEDBUG ALLEY a squalid and run-down building or area of a town; a part
of a town where the poorer people live ...1968 Amer. dial.
• BELLY PAD a pancake ...1958 Amer. dial.
• BENIGHTED overtaken by darkness ...1805 Amer. dial.
• BIFF to strike or hit ...1890 Amer. dial.
• BISHOP a large condom ...L18 sl.
• BLAST to scold, to slander, to attack verbally; to say uncomplimentary
things about somebody ...1957 Amer. sl.