1. a dowdily-dressed person ...B1900 Eng. dial.
2. a cat ...1927 Brit.
3. a fur coat ...1950 sl.
1. to exchange cards in the obsolete game of 'costly colours' ...1674 obs.
2. to move on, to depart, to decamp; to go; to leave quickly or hastily;
usually used with 'off' or 'on' ...1764 Eng. dial.
3. to walk along slowly but steadily; to move gently
...1857 Eng. & Amer. dial.
4. to cause to move quickly; to make one go where they don't want to go
...1867 Amer. dial.
5. to enjoy one's self in a quiet, easy, comfortable manner ...B1900
6. to pout, to grow sullen, to mope; to refuse food ...B1900 Eng. dial.
CLICK HERE FOR KEY TO SOURCES
(for verb 2)
From: Farm Ballads
By Will Carleton, 1873
Out O' The Fire. P. 74